Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hello World!

~The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.--Mary Kurtz~
Cheer! The first post!! By the by, I believe that quote :P
.
I love starting new things. And although this blog post in and of itself is something new, this blog is but the beginning of our budding business. With this blog, I am introducing Treasured Times Quilting and Gifts to the world!
.
So, you should probably know who you are dealing with, huh? :) Time for introductions!

Peggy Bourassa


Crafts: Scrapbooking, embroidery, knitting, general sewing, cross-stitch, and of course quilting!
Fancy title: Founder(CEO)
.
Peggy is, as I said, our founder, the lady who truly started it all. She is a wonderful nurse as well as crafter. Trying to find her "niche" in the quilting store world, she came up with revolutionary idea to sell customized quilt kits in people's homes-- thus the idea of Treasured Times was born! She is the matriarch of our crafting family and is the most experienced. She is definitely our crafting teacher, and lucky for me, she is a patient, understanding, encouraging, and FUN one!
.
Nichole Quilao
Crafts: Scrapbooking, embroidery, general sewing, quilting!
Fancy title: Production Manager
.
Nichole is the daughter of Peggy and is, thus, a very avid crafter as well! Nichole has MS, and although disabled by it does not let it come in the way of her crafting. She is the clean-cut and challenging quilter-- she is the one to take on the complicated patterns without fear! In fact, she made the lovely trip-around-the-world quilt featured on our banner! Nichole is the creator of many, many of our gifts as well as all of our quilty prototypes. Needless to say, she's a busy lady!
.
Tabitha Maust
Crafts: Scrapbooking, embroidery, cross-stitch, general sewing, knitting, photography, quilting!
Fancy title: Director of Marketing/ Photo Lady
.
I am the blog writer, by the by! I have always loved to craft but did not get into quite the number of crafts until I met the Bourassa family. I am currently engaged to their son, so I am almost officially related! :P I have a deep love/addiction to crafting, especially quilting, but I am the least experienced and more a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda person. This means I don't always abide by the rules! Sometimes it produces WONDERFUL things, and other times, well, not so much! :P Oh well! I seem to always have fun doing it!
.
So while we three are the main little trio in Treasured Times, by NO MEANS think that we are the only three that is supporting and working on this business. Although I will just introduce the three of us now, certain other key figures and friends will doubtlessly be introduced throughout this wonderful blog!
Now that you know who you're dealing with, I hope you first off, aren't scared away :P, and second, are just as excited as we are to see our business bloom! Have a nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment