Monday, December 13, 2010

Embellishment Delights

~Before modern lighting was available most quilting was done in the daylight, outside if possible. A good deal of quilting was done in the summer due to longer daylight hours-- from Womanfolk.com~

Isn't that little fact nifty? I thought we would try out a few quilting facts mixed in with our quilting quotes!

So I know I have been a bit neglectful of our poor little blog, but I am trying my best to keep up! I really wanted to show off some pictures from our latest craft shows around town, but I left the pictures on my other camera card! Oh well :( They will get on here soon enough!

In the mean time, want to see some adorable embellishments?
RIC RAC! Isn't this stuff just wonderful?! We are in love with it around here.

It is perfect for accents for little projects, like drink or candle cozies, but will also look just darn sweet on quilts.You know how I am about green :) Or if you don't, I will just come out and say that I have a slight love affair with this color. Especially when it is bright and bold like this ric rac is!I used this stunning red ric rac on a baby quilt not that long ago-- it was the absolutely perfect touch. So if you are looking for that finishing touch, look no further!

Guess what my friends? It gets better!

Ruffle Ric Rac! It has the wonderful versatility of ric rac for all sorts of embellishments, but it is ruffled! This one also has white-on-white polka dots.And of course it comes in green! What to see what else comes in green?These little poof balls! How darn sweet! They are like little bunny tales-- in a cute way, not in a "we stole a bunny's tale" way :)Little white poofs are also available! I don't have the pictures for them, but not too long ago we got them in chocolate and jet black as well! Wouldn't these be fun on a quilt for a toddler or younger child? I could just see a little one fiddling with these little poofs as they drift off to sleep :)

Just remember my friends, this is only a slice, a sneak peak, of all the embellishments we have! These little wonders are either here or coming in a huge array of colors! They can match any wonderful project you are working on! Plus, isn't it just fun to have all the colors in your stash? :)

Well everyone, I am off to study for my finals! Have a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment